Get Your EIN

Complete Info for Employer ID Number (EIN) & How to get it!

Employer Identification NumberEmployer Identification Number EIN is the federal 9 digit number to identify a business entity. The Internal Revenue Service IRS issues you the EIN’s and it required to use on all tax filing during the life of the business. Considering the EIN however, it is primarily used for employment tax identification purposes. Employer Identification Number EIN can also be used as a general tax number.

Applying to Get an EIN is a free service offered by the Internal Revenue Service.

IRS Usually Requires Following Business to Obtain for Employer Identification Number EIN:

  • Any business that hires employees, including sole proprietorship and single member
  • All Corporations
  • Limited liability companies with more than one member

Nonprofitable organizations, co-ops, and trusts must also have an Employer Identification Number EIN

Ways to apply for Employer Identification Number EIN:

You can apply online:

The EIN online application is the preferred method for customers to apply for and get EIN. Once the application is completed the information is validated online, and an EIN is produced directly from the Internal Revenue Service.

The online application process is also available for all entities whose principal business, office or agency is located in the United State or U.S territories. The principle partner, officer, owner, grantor, etc. must have an official Taxpayer identification number in order to use the online application.

You can apply today:

The taxpayer can call our office at 713-384-9432 and answer few questions. We will see where to file your taxes, give you additional help and advice about the type of company. If it is determined by our accountant that EIN is required by law for your business entity, one will be given to you using the online instruction from IRS.GOV.

At Green Tree, we usually process new EIN next business day and we help you to start your business as soon as law permits. Please Call our office now or email us at to get more information and obtain your EIN number.


When to Apply For an Employer Identification Number EIN?

You must apply for to get EIN earlier enough to have your number when you need to file a return or make a deposit. You can get EIN immediately with us without any objection. International seekers must call us at: (713)-384-9432. Additionally, IRS says you don’t need to get EIN if you change your business name if partnership declares bankruptcy and changing the location of your business or add new location but use Form 8822.

In case, your corporation elected to be taxed as an S Corporation also there is no need to apply for EIN.